Sign up today to participate in the growing school boy and school girl lacrosse movement! The Jamaica Lacrosse Association has worked successfully with support from the Lacrosse Volunteer Corps and the Federation of International Lacrosse to introduce North America’s fastest growing sport to Jamaica! Our winter & summer camps at STGC is the best way to learn the game!
Winter Holiday Camp Details:
When: 10 AM – 1 PM on the following dates: Wednesday December 28 – Friday, December 30. Camp will break for the weekend, then resume from Monday, January 2 – Thursday, January 5.
Where: STGC’s Emmet Park
Cost: The camp is free of charge,
Who: High School Boys & Girls. (Students entering 1st form can participate). Students at the following school are especially encouraged to participate as we want support official school teams in the next school year at: STGC, Wolmers (Boys & Girls), KC, Holy Trinity (Boys & Girls), St. Hugh’s, Immaculate, Alpha (Girls), Calabar, JC, Campion, Hillel (Boys & Girls) and AISK (Boys & Girls).
What: The lacrosse camp is staffed with international & local coaches and NCAA athletes from the USA. The camp will include active instruction, drills, games, contests, and prizes. The top campers will also play guest teams from the USA each Thursday at camp.
- Lacrosse sticks and equipment is expensive, however the JLA has been blessed with equipment donations to outfit new lacrosse players. Equipment will be distributed to new lacrosse players while supplies last. Returning players should bring their own equipment.
- New lacrosse players are encouraged to search for and watch lacrosse videos on YouTube prior to camp to help them adjust quickly to learning the new sport.
We will do our best to provide a secure location for campers to leave a backpack, however, we assume no liability for anyone’s personal belongings.
- Water will be provided at camp, campers are encouraged to bring a water bottle and a small snack each day.
- There will be small canteen with snacks and refreshments available for purchase.
- Campers are expected to dress ready for physical activity and to wear a reversible practice jersey if they have one. Campers are expected behave like serious, disciplined young athletes.
More Information on Lacrosse:
- Lacrosse is the indigenous sport of the Native American people, and was played prior to the arrival of Christopher Columbus by the ancestors of the Arawak Indians – the Iroquois that lived along the Canadian – USA border.
Lacrosse is currently the fastest growing sport in the USA and Canada. It is also the fastest growing NCAA Scholarship sport at American Universities, however, these are very, very competitive and limited opportunities.
- The Federation of International Lacrosse is the world wide governing body of lacrosse. There are over 50 member countries around the world, and Jamaica is one of them! The Jamaica national team is eligible to play in FIL World Cup events and will begin to travel to international events in the coming years.
- The FIL is working hard to have lacrosse added to the summer Olympics.
Additional questions? Please email us at email@example.com